Random flight creation

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Random flight creation

Postby borisvp » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Steve,

would it it be possible to implement more "randomness" into IF?

I now have to choose
- flight duration
- departure time
- flight type
to create a flight.

I'm thinking of IF as a tool that "makes" the decision for me. Let's say, I want to fly for 1,5 to 2 hours after work but don't matter (or can't make up my mind) with thich aircraft or from where. Wouldn't it be great if IF made the choice for me? A "surprise" flight, so to speak.

So: Could you add some sort of random generator that can generate a flight with only one parameter selected? The mandatory parameter would be the flight duration. IF would select aircraft, route and departure time.

Optional parameters to narrow the selection could be:
- flight type (e.g. GA, airliner)
- flight time (day / night)
- aircraft (type or model)

With this in mind, another thought is to add the pilot's personal interest and favorite aircraft to the profile. Some are bush pilots, some like short regional flight, some like long hauls, some like it all.

For example, if I were a bush pilot in my profile and have specified my particular bush flying addons, I'd only get appropriate flights with those aircraft.

What do you think about this?

Best Regards, and thanks for this addon
Boris
borisvp

Re: Random flight creation

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi Boris,
Thanks for your input. All this has been suggested several times before. That and more is coming as part of a more thorough approach to random flights, but so far It's been put behind other items on the wish-list. In the coming update [sf] there is already a random aircraft picker, from there choose a random airport in the map page, then press the Next Flight Icon, assuming your flight times are set you have the random flight.
Best regards
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to General Use & Ideas