Ideal Flight Accessibility phase 3

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Ideal Flight Accessibility phase 3

Postby Orinks » Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Alright, found an issue with preview 12.

In previous previews, when starting with terrain startup using the PMDG, it started up fine.

Now, however, when I try start using both terrain startup and default flight, the PMDG starts up in it's default state. In the CDU I have the startup state set to cold dark.

I have to go FS menu and load the aircraft manually now.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 am

There's nothing been changed with startup behaviour. Testing here shows no changes and works the same. I don't understand your question about having to load the aircraft manually because Ideal Flight simply starts a flight save file fxml with the preset conditions of where the aircraft is situated, and that can be done from the FS menu load flight or by choosing the fxml file in Explorer and using the Explorer menu item "Open with..." Prepar3D.exe.

Remember that the startup behaviour whether in terrain or default flight are simply modes to have the simulator already running before loading the Ideal Flight fxml (saved flight file). So in other words, instead of those, you can start the simulator yourself before going to Ideal Flight and starting the Ideal Flight fxml from the Fly! menu item.

None of those ways of starting up would require a change in your simulator having to load the aircraft manually from the FS menu which seems you are describing some other cause and effect which I need more information to understand before I can check for anything that might cause it from the recent modifications in Ideal Flight.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

The only thing I can think of to change the way things work is if your default flight has changed. You can recreate the default flight by deleting the files and when you next start Prepar3D the files will be remade.

The Prepar3D_Default files are located in:
C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Tue May 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Okay, perhaps it's not IF but it's maybe something to do with how aircraft states work in the PMDG CDU.
Under PMDG setup?startup state, I have it set to NGXU Cold Dark.

However, when I load via the fly! button, the PMDG starts with all engines running and I have to go to load state and load the NGXU Cold Dark again. I did have the sim recreate the P3D default files.

One interesting thing of note is that there is now an Ideal Flight.xml under the aircraft load state options.
I loaded that and it aligned the IRS and set flaps to 5 it looks like but not much else...
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Orinks wrote:Okay, perhaps it's not IF but it's maybe something to do with how aircraft states work in the PMDG CDU.
Under PMDG setup?startup state, I have it set to NGXU Cold Dark.

However, when I load via the fly! button, the PMDG starts with all engines running and I have to go to load state and load the NGXU Cold Dark again. I did have the sim recreate the P3D default files.

One interesting thing of note is that there is now an Ideal Flight.xml under the aircraft load state options.
I loaded that and it aligned the IRS and set flaps to 5 it looks like but not much else...

In the Flight Generation page you find the Cold and Dark settings page, you must uncheck the Default Warm Cockpit checkbox to enable the Cold and Dark settings. In there you can uncheck the Engines Started checkbox item. Inspect the other items for other settings you may want to start the flight with.

The PMDGs have a Panel State setting that make a file with the same name as your saved flight you started up with. That saved flight file is Ideal_Flight so you will find a panel state with the same name. It is OK to delete those files so that the PMDG will start with fresh setup.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Tue May 04, 2021 3:05 pm

Yes, that was what I had to do, delete the PMDG panel state files regarding IF.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 04, 2021 3:20 pm

I think the PMDG decides to save the panel states maybe during a flight save, there may be a setting they have available to avoid making them with saved flight files, not sure. Anyway, if they present a problem and you want to delete them you can always make a batch file that deletes certain panel state files and have it run perhaps when the sim starts with the Ideal Flight Run Other Programs settings on the Startup page menu, that may help.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri May 07, 2021 1:52 pm

I have sorted out and smoothed over a few things:

The glideslope and localiser capture with speech or drum sounds are now correct. The GSI and CDI pluck sounds are now working so you can use sounds instead of speech there. The indicator calls are each 5% up to 30% then 10% up to 90%. !00% swing on the indicators means at or above 100% so is not called out. There is a new item in the Voice items options checkbox window called "HSI Direction Plucks". The checkbox on the Voice settings page "Sounds with Autopilot On" must be checked to hear Autopilot tones, plucks and drum sounds. Sounds checked on for aircraft attitude and direction work when the autopilot is off.

The landing gear handle operation is called out with "landing gear handle up" or "down", and when the gear is up and stowed you get the "landing gear up, retracted" callout. When the gear is down fully you get the "landing gear down, locked" callout. There is a new checkbox in the Voice items options checkbox window found under Flaps, called "Landing Gear", check that for the callouts for the completed landing gear movement. The "Equipment Switches" option enables the Landing Gear Handle callout.

Some reorganising of priorities of callouts for switching autopilot and equipment buttons has been made, and so hearing more items called out when coinciding with other callouts. Airspeed callouts are made when the true airspeed changes by certain amounts, the IAS value is called out with those but will be the exact indicated speed at the time the callout is made. So a typical speed callout will be for example "130 knots true airspeed, 127 indicated".

The auto-throttle with rudder help is enabled when you select a speed above taxi speed, as it was initially enabled with speeds over parking speed. So for example, selecting the climb speed preset will be used for take-off and the aircraft will attempt to head for the centerline. The aircraft will also head for the centerline when slowing down after touchdown.

I found a problem in the system whereby an exception might be logged in the flight log and this could sometimes result in the parking brake toggled.

Cancelling the question to redo the index build will remain cancelled, in some circumstances it would continue to ask for a rebuild when restarting Ideal Flight.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm

NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Tue May 11, 2021 6:10 pm

I am not sure what is going on here, whether this is a bug or not, but I cannot seem to spawn to gates using the flight assistance page.

To make sure it was working without IF I spawned to a gate without IF and no issues.

I have been able to spawn to runways for departure just fine. I have just done a scenery index to see if that may have been the problem. It still happens. I go to a gate in the flight assistance move to location dropdown and on gates, the okay button is disabled.

Really hope this isn't another one of those reset the sim to defaults troubleshooting issues.
Orinks

PreviousNext

Return to General Use & Ideas