Subsets

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Subsets

Postby reecemj » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi Steve am still using IF for every flight! Using the create subset files IF only shows about 20 airports in the Add-on Airports.txt file. It should be a 100 plus. Do I have to add airports manually? No airac is selected. Thanks.
I follow the tips in the Your helpful tips thread. ;)
Reece...Using IF10 Pro
reecemj

Re: Subsets

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:30 am

Hi Reece,

This is the procedure you are probably following - In the Ideal Flight Map page I create a new subset. From the popup menu I choose to add a group to a subset and a window appears asking me to choose the subset to add to. I choose the subset I just created and the next window appears with the list of sceneries. At the top are the add-on areas followed by the Prepar3D stock scenery areas. If I choose an add-on area it adds the airports in that area to the subset.

However, although it adds the airports in my chosen group, the window reports it is updating the complete set when it should be showing the name of my chosen set. I will fix that message.

When you choose to add a scenery it should be showing all the installed add-on scenery items each of which might have one airport to any number of airports such as certain ORBX areas that can have many. So if you have 20 add-on sceneries the airports will all be there.

Is it not showing those add-ons? In P3D Options>Add-ons menu see if the scenery is listed there and the checkbox ticked, after setting those areas in P3D they will be shown in Ideal Flight.

Also, I can add individual airports by selecting them in the Map page and it again asks me which subset and then confirms the airport and adds the ICAO to the chosen subset. Again the window reports it is updating the complete set when it should be showing the name of my chosen set, that message will be fixed. It does actually add the airport to my subset.

I go into the Flight generator page and to the right of the subset selection control is a button to install the subset I don't choose to install the subset yet. To the right of that is another button to explore the subsets. I choose to explore the subsets and in Explorer, I open my subset in Notepad and I can see the airport ICAOs. ICAO codes from the groups are all on one line so I can see those pertain to groups and I can edit out any I don't want at this stage if I like but I must leave a space between any ICAOs on the same line. I leave it as it is and close Notepad.

I choose to install the subset now, and after that, I open that subset in Notepad again and I can see there is now only one ICAO per line in the text file. At this stage, if I edit the file I must install the complete scenery subset first and then install my new subset for it to take effect.

After I installed my subset, the flight generator only sees those airports in my subset.

Is any of this not working and if not can you tell me at which stage things do not work and what happens.

In the meantime, I will make sure the add to subset window shows the correct subset name.

Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby reecemj » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi Steve. thanks for your help. After reading you instruction on how to run subsets I think its working like it suppose to. I'll create a subset of Europe and North American Airport addons manually. Thanks.
Reece...Using IF10 Pro
reecemj

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:05 am

Hi Reece,

Thanks for letting me know. I had a good test of all the functions and seemed to be working OK, even so, I have improved a couple of messages in that section but otherwise works the same.

All the best,
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support