Aircraft selection

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Aircraft selection

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:13 am

Hi jeremey,

Some aircraft don't have a picture that can be used in IF so we take a screenshot of the plane and drop it on the picture with the question mark in the aircraft page then that becomes the picture on the page. There is more about that and lots of other tips on the Support section tips pages: https://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=742&start=80#p8870

Regarding ini files with byte order marks: The latest versions of IF can actually read the BOM files normally so we do not need to worry about situations like the Milvis 350i, but since you already have a blank line on the front of the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft it will do the same job anyway as you found.

Regards
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Re: Aircraft selection

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:55 am

If we look at for example in Prepar3D v5, the ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\MilViz_P38_L and go to one of the Texture folders we see a file called "thumbnail.jpg" and we can see that's a small jpg image of the aircraft.

If we look in any of the Texture folders for the Milvis 350i there are no "thumbnail.jpg" images or any kind or any photo with a picture of the aircraft, this is an omission by Milviz and may get rectified one day.

We can make our own "thumbnail.jpg" for each variation and locate them one in each Texture folder and Ideal Flight will display those pictures on the aircraft page. Alternatively, as mentioned earlier in the topic we can drag and drop our own screenshot of the aircraft variation on the Ideal Flight Aircraft Selection page question mark image and our screenshot will be displayed there instead.

Remember also that we can use screenshots to brighten up any page in Ideal Flight by dragging and dropping onto the page. The Startup page and the About page do not support our own screenshot.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Previous

Return to Support