Traffic culling

Any problems with your Installation or other install related questions, please post here

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Traffic culling

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 am

Did you know that IF10 does traffic culling? It's always been there but often I see IF10 owners talking about other traffic optimisers when they won't need them with IF10:

In Mission page Ai selection window: "Full traffic optimisation" checkbox is already checked.

In C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10\Config\Config.ini we can set a few variables but not really necessary. Only aircraft are culled since boats will respawn very soon after culling and is a waste of resources.

[FSSetup]
CullDistance=64000 -> in meters

CullFromCount=199 -> culls ALL Ai beyond count of 199 irrespective of situation - farthest away first, less than 199 are culled intelligently

CullInterval=60 -> seconds

The system knows where the Ai is coming from and going to, and knows the speeds and times. IF10 works out which aircraft you may get to see in the sky if it is likely you cross paths or when you fly over airports. So it will leave some aircraft in other airports since you are likely to cross paths later.

Use the SDK TrafficToolbox.dll to see Ai aircraft operating, there is an example dll.xml entry in the SDK traffic section - this appears in the ALT menu as Tools.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Installation