Install problem or errors running IF10 for the first time

Any problems with your Installation or other install related questions, please post here

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Install problem or errors running IF10 for the first time

Postby Steve Waite » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:00 pm

When there are problems installing or running IF10 for the first time, or after uninstalling and reinstalling - things to check:

When installing IF10, do not Run as Admin, and do not right-click on the setup.exe and do not change compatibility settings on the exe.

An odd problem with folder security permissions, possibly owned by another account can occur, and IF10 cannon write out its settings.ini or config.ini:

With File Explorer, right-click on:
C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10
Choose "Properties", choose "Security" tab, click "Edit", choose "Users" (My PC\Users),
Check permission item "Modify", also see that item "Write" is checked,
Click Apply, OK.
Now try running IF10 from the desktop icon.

These permissions are checked and set during installation or update. I've only had a couple of instances of this failing, and so been unable to find the exact cause. But it should be noted that the IF10 installer works within the confines of the Windows security system and refuses to make permissions changes if the Windows Installer User account has been altered or compromised.

...Also:

There is a possibility of an error on some systems writing .ini files, and there have been a very few machines with this problem which emanates from within the windows settings.

try this:

1. Uninstall IF10
2. Temporarily set your number, date, and time formats in the control panel to US English.
3. Reboot.
4. Set your preferred number, date, and time formats back in.
5. Install IF10

...Also:
An issue we found on some machines was due to incorrect compatibility settings applied to IF10 even though it is a fully Win Compatible exe.

try this:

With Windows Explorer go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ideal Flight 10
Right-click on the iflight10.exe and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility", after the program finishes run IF10.

...Also:
A similar issue we found on some machines due to incorrect compatibility settings applied to IF10 setup.

try this:
1. Uninstall IF10
2. Right-click on IF10 setup.exe and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility", after the program finishes install IF10.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Installation