Ideal Flight Accessibility phase 2

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Ideal Flight Accessibility phase 2

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 pm

...instead of detailed flaps I can label the checkboxes as "Flaps Percent" and "Flaps degrees" and the act of checking one unchecks the other. Perhaps that's less confusing?
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:50 pm

I changed the flaps, VSpeed and Speed checkbox pairs to always be enabled and they will uncheck their counterpart when checked. Seems a lot better - good call Orinks!

The IF maps show detailed taxiways and parking locations, and all the runways. That's done with reference points at the ends of each taxi section.

So a shortest path algorithm will suffice of a far simpler design than IFs route finder. It would be good to AI pilot the aircraft. We'll see if I can spare the time, should be OK. In the short term, the aircraft can push back then get spirited away to appear ready to enter the runway, and again to be placed ready for takeoff. And after the flight be taken to parking in the same manner. I think VATSIM is OK with that.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Orinks wrote:Also, to add to the tunage of the speech, while the delay slider is helpful, I think I still want the ability to fine-tune it even more by turning off specific things. E.G. turning off Autopilot Functions turns off speaking of all values input into autopilot. I'd like to be able to just turn off the speaking of the VS AP value, for example, but leave AP speed reporting on.

That is already do-able with what you have now, or should be.

In the Voice Settings page tab past the dropdown and install button to the first checkbox of the storage set: Simulator Messages. Then Kneeboard and Altitude. Next you have Speed reporting (velocity). Next you have Vertical speed normal and detailed. Next Flaps % and Degrees. Next engine levers, and individual levers (that's not reported correctly in the FSX version I fixed that). Next the HSI and OBS reporting. After those you have the checkboxes for AP functions, and the Navigation functions. Next the radio reporting is off by default because ATC tunes it. And finally the last of the storage values Equipment functions, unchecking turns off flaps up and down, gear, kohlsman, proximity detection and so on.

After those the Audio Output dropdown list shows we have left the storage values. Storage values I'm referring to those that are saved into the sets, Start, Push Back, Taxi and the others.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby ke7zum » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Steve Waite wrote:
Orinks wrote:Also, to add to the tunage of the speech, while the delay slider is helpful, I think I still want the ability to fine-tune it even more by turning off specific things. E.G. turning off Autopilot Functions turns off speaking of all values input into autopilot. I'd like to be able to just turn off the speaking of the VS AP value, for example, but leave AP speed reporting on.

T
hat is already do-able with what you have now, or should be.

In the Voice Settings page tab past the dropdown and install button to the first checkbox of the storage set: Simulator Messages. Then Kneeboard and Altitude. Next you have Speed reporting (velocity). Next you have Vertical speed normal and detailed. Next Flaps % and Degrees. Next engine levers, and individual levers (that's not reported correctly in the FSX version I fixed that). Next the HSI and OBS reporting. After those you have the checkboxes for AP functions, and the Navigation functions. Next the radio reporting is off by default because ATC tunes it. And finally the last of the storage values Equipment functions, unchecking turns off flaps up and down, gear, kohlsman, proximity detection and so on.

After those the Audio Output dropdown list shows we have left the storage values. Storage values I'm referring to those that are saved into the sets, Start, Push Back, Taxi and the others.

I'm coming to this late Will we be able to taxi with vatsim using this method? Hopefully?
ke7zum

Postby ke7zum » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm

I love the direction this thing is going. I love hearing the speed on the ground only both when taking off and landing. Good job with that. I don't need to hear speed when in air, but can where be a way to query for it somehow with a key? In this other add on we use, we use a layered approach such as right bracket, or left bracket then another key, not at the same time but separately. It's ha5rd to explain. Again I'm coming to this late. The voice feels more comfortable to use. This will help me if I ever fly props again. Thanks so much! Really. It actually helped me when my AP fudged up yesterday, to put it very nicely. Lol.

Blessings.
ke7zum

Postby ke7zum » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:44 am

Steve Waite wrote:...instead of detailed flaps I can label the checkboxes as "Flaps Percent" and "Flaps degrees" and the act of checking one unchecks the other. Perhaps that's less confusing?

I like that idea as well. Thanks for such a good update and progress on "the voice" as I've ben calling it.

Take care
ke7zum

Postby TylerK93 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:17 am

ke7zum wrote:
Steve Waite wrote:...instead of detailed flaps I can label the checkboxes as "Flaps Percent" and "Flaps degrees" and the act of checking one unchecks the other. Perhaps that's less confusing?

I like that idea as well. Thanks for such a good update and progress on "the voice" as I've ben calling it.

Take care

I like "The Voice" as a name for it. LOL
TylerK93

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 am

Hi,

I'm continually moving it all along and finding ways to improve - a lot of work is involved.

The flaps only call out now when they arrive at a setting.

I'm putting in the time and distance to next waypoint.

At the moment the kneeboard key (SHIFT + F10) cycles through and speaks out the values. I would like to know what you guys prefer to hear in that way.

I'm moving towards more hot keys.

Remember to use Control + Shift + F to bring IF to surface during the sim. In the sim settings you can pause when the task switches to another app.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 am

I have installed, into P3D v4 and Special Edition >augmented versions, the message and callout that describes the time to next waypoint.

Here is a copy of the spoken text when I resumed a flight. We can call up the information at any time:

"Flight Restored; Local Time 06:17:55; Flight Plan Section from EGFF to ICWA6, 121 Degrees, 3 Nautical Miles, 1 Minute, 54 Seconds"

Incidentally, when restoring flight we see, In P3D, the avionics have not been set from the values in the flight file. This is a bug in P3D so we have something in Ideal Flight professional to deal with it. On the Startup page popup menu we have "Startup Behaviour". we can resume from cold (Sim not running) by choosing the sim reset option. Some Aircraft are not always strictly operating within the simulator recommendations and they might not resume unless the Simulator is already running when we start the resumed flight from IF Pro.

There are two other modes of startup to try:

Load Default Flight, this starts the sim with the default flight, then loads the IF flight.
Terrain Startup, this loads the sim up to the terrain then loads the aircraft.

If none of these methods allow the aircraft to resume from cold then we must start the sim first, maybe use the P3D Icon on the main IF Pro page. Then after it has loaded up, we go back to IF and start the flight then.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Could we possibly have an optional announcement that will state the time to next waypoint as the time that we should arrive at that waypoint?

Useful if on Vatsim and doing oceanic cross-atlantic flights where one of the things you have to state in your report is the current time you make the report, and the time, in zulu, that you will arrive at the next Oceanic waypoint.

I know the sim reports local time, but perhaps if we had an announcement to calculate the specific time we got to the next waypoint on these specific flights it might make it a bit easier on us to then calculate the zulu time from that.
Orinks

PreviousNext

Return to General Use & Ideas