Accessibility Support in Preview Builds

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Accessibility Support in Preview Builds

Postby TylerK93 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:22 am

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to write in to compliment you on the impressive improvements being made to Ideal Flight when it comes to accessibility with screen readers. It's quite a breath of fresh air to see the developer of a program for flight simulation, which most people consider to be extremely visual, willing to take a hard look at their software to determine how to improve it for the blind flight simulation community. We're small, but we love our hobby just as much as our sighted counterparts. Some of us love our realism, some of us want to fly freehand as it were. Some of us are members of VAs, and others probably aren't. Our interests echo those of the sighted community, with some of us posting videos on Youtube, Twitch, etc, of our flights, just as sighted folks do. So, once again, thanks for all your hard work; it's very much appreciated, and makes the task of setting up the simulator that much easier for us since we can't necessarily click the switches and the like.
TylerK93

Re: Accessibility Support in Preview Builds

Postby Steve Waite » Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 am

That's very kind of you to come in just to say that.

I could not hesitate to help as best I can, since I found myself in a position well placed to do so. It is a pleasure I could not resist. I send thanks to the community for coming to me and helping out with the program.

Regular Ideal Flight users will benefit from the work and they will thank you I am sure.

All the best!
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby TylerK93 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:26 am

You're more than welcome. If you'd like, feel free to join the mailing list that we have for our niche of the community. It would be really neat to have a software developer join us; it's a great way to get feedback on development, share preview builds, and generally converse with us about what would make things easier for us as blind/visually impaired flight simulation enthusiasts. We can be found at http://www.groups.io/g/bvipilots. I run the group, and my co-moderator is Declan Webster, aka Blind Flightsimmer.
TylerK93

Postby Steve Waite » Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 am

I joined! I'll look out for posts and join in with the conversations when needed, and respond to questions if asked. I'm always available here at the site as well. Glad to feel welcomed. Appreciated.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support