ideal flight preview 5 notes

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

ideal flight preview 5 notes

Postby ke7zum » Thu May 02, 2019 5:23 pm

1. The payload dialogue is still kind of confusing to read with at least nvda. I'm not worried about that at the moment, but if I did want to change something I kind of would get confused.

2. When trying to activate the more settings button it doesn't appear to bring up the list box I remember.
3. The start programs before or after sim does not read. I can't find a file name button or browse button anywhere. I know this is being worked on which is why I didn't test it right away
4. When generating my briefing instead of 90percent of 4 thousand feet I got 3000 feet as my cruse alt. This is way too low I would think.

Here is the youtube link. If it does not worktry when it is processed.

https://youtu.be/f1fGJbz-uJ8

Thanks.
ke7zum

Re: ideal flight preview 5 notes

Postby Orinks » Thu May 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Payload seems to read better with narrator at the moment. Not sure why NVDA tends to read the payload button with the hint twice. Steve was able to fix stuff like that on other pages so give it time. It's not confusing, just a bit too verbose.

I just changed a Boeing to 40000 cruise altitude with 90 percent of max and it gave me 35000 feet, which is correct.
Orinks

Postby ke7zum » Thu May 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Ok, so far I think I fixed it. I backed up my ideal flight program data folder and started over. the program did scream at me about removing an exe file before continuing. When I did that my profile thing did not have sounds at all but my planes issue was fixed. i then restored my profiles folder and I again have sounds. I think some stuff actually reads better now, but I'm not sure as of yet. Here is a link to the vid of me pulling out my hair, or at least what's left of it. I'll be bald by the time this beta testing cycle is done, but it is worth it. Lol! I think though note 1, 2, and 3 still remain though. I think we are almost there.

https://youtu.be/c2nDrSukTIo

Thanks again so so much steve for making this program fun to use.
ke7zum

Postby Steve Waite » Thu May 02, 2019 7:24 pm

Press the payload button and it cycles through KG LB and percent, then Defaults which is in the aircraft cfg.

The start apps and export files and registration forms are not touched yet. I'm just moving onto those now. Once we have all the accessibility in we can see what we can do to make things clearer for you.

Settings and weather pages - more settings are there In the same places. But the captions were wrong on the last preview, so that's most likely what you are seeing.

With NVDA and Narrator you will hear the page footer and header. The buttons to other pages are just before the footer.

The readers have foibles that I can't change like NVDA reads out the component name of checkboxes, which is not too bad but says 'chk' before each component because that's what they are called. I would probably have to repair NVDA for that.

Some things we have to compromise with because the program is a visual reference too. Many controls and functions are obvious without captions, that's what's taken the time to make it screen reader friendly. Altering the way the program works I have to be careful as it will not go down well with current users.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby ke7zum » Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 pm

No no don't worry bout it. I just appreciate all you are doing. I hope I'm not the only one who is publicly thanking you. YOu are working with what you have and getting this far has ben a wild and fun adventure.
ke7zum

Postby ke7zum » Thu May 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Also, I notice that the fuel is still planned wrong. For example a trip from kmia to katl only gave someone bout 2000 gal of fuel. We've ben getting around this by adding reserve fuel as we will be flying with that anyway, but can the fuel planner be looked into as well?
ke7zum

Postby Steve Waite » Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 pm

If you have too little fuel your range is set too far. Also loading cargo reduces fuel capacity. So first you must check your own figures.

Make the range short enough so you have plenty of fuel calculated.

Do a flight.

After the flight check the maximum range calculated. This is how much fuel you actually used. This has nothing to do with figures from the manufacturers website. It is the fuel the sim plane and environment use.

Use this Range value on the Aircraft Parameters page at the top.

Now build the next flight and you are guaranteed enough fuel.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 pm

You will need to take reserve fuel or decrease range to make sure you have enough in reserve because the calculation is accurate based on what you actually use.

Therefor you will run out of fuel on the taxi to parking with only the fuel of the calculation.

In any case we would usually just fill up, we can work on the range, but then use the fuel section to override with always a fill up or 50%whatever we like, perhaps if it's a GA for example.

The taxi time box is half for each end of the flight so doesn't count in helicopters.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri May 03, 2019 1:49 am

Perhaps there may be a circumstance whereby a settings checkbox window closes as it opens due to a selection. I found the data recording values checkboxes window does that.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby ke7zum » Fri May 03, 2019 3:34 am

Steve Waite wrote:Perhaps there may be a circumstance whereby a settings checkbox window closes as it opens due to a selection. I found the data recording values checkboxes window does that.

I reset the thing by removing and backing up my old folders under the pgram data and I can access the more settings dialogue. It appears to for now knock on wood or what ever is around you be working. I'm doing a flight now before I crash into bed.

By the way I missed one of the places hwere shift tab does not work. It is at some point in the flight builder, but I cannot exactly remember where at this point in time. It was a fellow tester who saw it. We'll see how this flight goes.

Take care and be blessed.
ke7zum

Next

Return to Support