IF p3d v4.4

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: IF p3d v4.4

Postby Garry » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:45 pm

I dont believe what i managed to do Steve
after all this time trying various ways to fix the problem it turned out to be user error
ive been simming to long to mention and it has never happened before but it has now
i accidentally turned off show when paused

and guess what, it was just paused every time i loaded a flight
What an idiot :oops:

Anyway Steve all is well again
so off to buy my new version many thanks for your prompt replies as usual

Regards
Garry
Garry

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 pm

By stock I mean without other addons, then add some in? I don't think installing uninstalling reinstalling IF or P3D will help, there's no issues with P3D or IF installed alone. In order to trace the problem you have to try disabling some things and enabling individual items. So far as I know all those addons you have work no issues. You could maybe make a flight with plan and ATC active save it and check if that works =, so that it invokes all the IF stuff. Also IF invokes ATIS on the comm. If there's a problem in there somewhere IF can't be held responsible it's simply turning on the switch. Actually that's all IF does is press the buttons on your sim from the flight save file. So chopping out sections should reveal one that causes the problem. No screen and no controls is pretty severe and I honestly can't see where an IF saved file can cause that, it is a real saved flight from P3D.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm

AHhh…. :D Not to worry.

As for the CTD, the only CTD that can happen is when a component of the sim is still operating, that is it is still in the process of shutting down when you start IF Pro up and it tries to connect and the session ends before it is managed. So I expect that's all it was - it's not really something that can be avoided and in a sense might only happen when we are hammering away starting and stopping it all with abandon.

Thanks as always for supporting Ideal Fight Garry!

Best regards
Steve.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Previous

Return to Support