A couple of questions

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

A couple of questions

Postby johnbla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:36 am

Am using the trial. A couple of questions:

1. When FSX starts I notice that the Kneeboard and the ATC windows is open, plus it is paused with parking brakes on. I have turned all of these off and saved the aircraft setting and next time I fire it up, they are all still on. Any way to turn them off for next time?

2. I click on full briefing and print it out as a pdf via Cute PDF and then open in FSX via PDFKneeboard (you can resize the view). Is there any way for the briefing to be a simple flight plan as I fly VFR and I don't need a lot of the information that is displayed (eg runway approaches, etc).

3. Does IF use real weather from the internet or does it generate it's own weather?

Many thanks
John
johnbla

Re: A couple of questions

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi John,

1) In the registered version go to Flight Generator page, and uncheck warm cockpit, then in the Cold and Dark page, make your settings.

2) The Flight Plan is exported to the User\Docs\FSX folder where FSX puts saved flights. Or in the ProgramData\Ideal Flight\New folder you can find the .PLN there too. In the Upgraded >augmented version, any of the files can be exported to any network node or directory you desire.

3) IF10 weather is not random, but does not download weather from the internet, it's a global simulation. RWW is coming in a future Upgrade. There is a Random Weather option that leaves weather realistic for the time of day and year, is available with the >augmented version.

All the best
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to General Use & Ideas