airport hops?

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

airport hops?

Postby tazzharm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello steve
just wanted to know if IF will monitor my flights if I do airport hops?
I purchased IF I think when you first brought it out and have used it a few times but have noticed that I do get the "microsoft flight simulator has stopped working" window and have had to just run fsx on its own..
I mainly use fsx with WWII planes such as A2A and vstudios products, and think the A2A spitfire and IF may not like each other ...lol...
anyways let me know about hops when you can ...thanks
Glenn
tazzharm

Re: airport hops?

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Taz,

In terms of assessing a flight, IF works only on a per flight basis, so you start and end a flight and go back to IF for the assessment. You can keep flying around all day and get the weather wherever you go etc, and just ignore assessments.
The A2A Spifire, I seem to remember was tested out along with several A2A planes and all seemed OK, I can check it again. You could go to the Aircraft page and in the popup menu choose recreate aircraft parameters that may sort it out. If you had an early copy of IF then it may have incorrect settings now.

Also deleting the aircraft.ini and 0_aircraft.ini files and restarting IF will redo the aircraft index.
C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10\Profiles\aircraft.ini
C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10\Profiles\O_ID\0_aircraft.ini
You may need to set payload to zero percent with some aircraft (flight gen page)

Regards;
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Re: airport hops?

Postby tazzharm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:42 am

thanks steve
I'll see how things go with the spitfire and hopefully it will correct itself as you have instructed.
Glenn
tazzharm

Return to General Use & Ideas