How work with REX?

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

How work with REX?

Postby signmanbob » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Hello,
This is the first time that I've ever heard of Ideal Flight. When I first seen it at Simmarket, I thought it was just another mission program that gives flight plans, but it looks like it is much more.
Is this such a new program that it hasn't been discovered by Avsim or flightsimulatornetwork.com?
It looks like it has a weather engine within IF. Do I need to turn off REX weather engine and just use the textures from REX? Will IF's weather engine use REX textures within FSX?
Is IF compatible with PMDG's NGX?
Your support within the forum looks really good! I'm impressed with how attentive you are with your customers.
I hadn't considered buying IF before because I never heard of it. I'm really seriously considering it now.
Is there any addons that could cause a conflict with IF if they are running at the same time?

Thank you,
Bob
signmanbob

Re: How work with REX?

Postby Steve Waite » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Bob,
Yes IF is relatively new and unknown, and still getting regular updates as necessary.
With REX you can turn of IF weather and use REX engine and Textures.
OR you can turn off REX engine and use IF weather with REX textures installed - runs nicely.
I've got all the PMDGs and no real problems so far.
Ideal Flight works with all addons as far as we know.
You should get a great deal of fun with it.
All the best;
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby signmanbob » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you Steve. I wasn't planning on buying any more utilities, but I'm going to head over to Simmarket and pick up Ideal Flight. It really does sound like it would be fun to use.
I have a lot of different addon stuff (one developer wouldn't give me support because he said that I had too much stuff in FSX), so if I run into any problems, I'll let you know.
signmanbob

Postby Steve Waite » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Bob,
Give it a good work out and see how it goes. If you run into any problems, get straight back. If you've got lots of addons then that will be a good test.
Thanks for your support, keep in touch;
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to General Use & Ideas