Mission Creation

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Mission Creation

Postby Karlos48 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi,

thanks for a great add-on, just bought it and hooked already.

My question is this:

I fly with a UK Military VA as a Sea-King SAR Pilot, and I would like to creat SAR type missions to fly as though they were actually occuring for which ideal flight is spot on.

I am based at RAF Boulmer, EGQM so each flight will start and finish there, unless a long flight means a stoppover.

Both vessel search and vessel landing missions are applicable + anything else that RAF SAR would possibly be engaged in.

Can you give me some idea what the best mission settings would be to achieve the above scenario, as all i keep getting allocated at the moment are basic passenger transport flights, which although good fun, are not the same as full blown SAR sorties.

I have read the manual and googled this question but the specifics of mission creation are a bit sketchy.

Many thanks in anticipation - Karl Hughes
Karlos48

Re: Mission Creation

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am

Hey Karl!

There are plans for the mission generator, it's been put in but rather thin on options right now. There's an update for it in upcoming [sf].

Basic rues are first choose the aircraft, then in the Missions Page, Missions and Vessel Landings:

Ship Landings: Uncheck both MaintenanceMissions and SeaSearches checkboxes and select the ships in the list you want to land on.

Sea Searches: Uncheck MaintenanceMissions, check SeaSearches, choose ships to find.

Maintenance Missions: Check MaintenanceMissions uncheck SeaSearches.

Now locate yourself near the sea or near Onshore/Offshore locations.

In the Flight generator page do a search as normal, then look in the dropdown list Choose Desination, you will see Vessel Landing or Locating at the top, or a list of onshore/offshore maintenance locations.

There will be three mutually exclusive checkboxes, and some improvements to mission Ai traffic have been made in the update.

Thanks for your support, lots more to come from IF soon.

All the best
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Karlos48 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:30 am

Brilliant stuff Steve, many thanks for your prompt reply.

Ideal Flight is an absolute gem for Military VA's, especially when on server alone, as it gives you a great reason to fly ( and get it right LOL )

I will be pushing my colleagues hard to adopt Ideal Flight, especially for it's mission generation facility, so if you do upgrade / improve the mission side of things ( especially military type missions ) you will have a great little market on your hands.

If you need a hand with ideas etc, then please do not hesitate to contact me I think my e-mail address is registered with you.

A seperate military version of Ideal Flight would be perfect for the Military VA's out there, as there is nothing worse than being on server alone with no sortie to carry out, which is where Ideal Flight Mil would step in.

Military VA's have the whole range of aircraft on the rosters, so the type of missions required is endless.

Just a shot across your bows Steve, as a current fan of Ideal Flight just wanted you to know about the Mil VA potential out there.

Cheers and here's to my next SAR sortie - Karl Hughes
Karlos48

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Thank you Karl.
I've got a big wish list and it keeps on getting bigger. I'll see what I can do.
Best regards
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to General Use & Ideas