Parking position map?

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Parking position map?

Postby AaronMyers » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 am

Just thinking as I was planning my next flight. I have no idea as to the complexities of such a beast, and if I had to guess it would probably be extensive, but I often find myself trying to figure out what my start position should be at a given airport for a given airline/aircraft. It might be interesting if in the flight generation screen I could click a button next to the start position that would open up a generate map of the airport based on the afcad information in the scenery library. From there I could visually pick my starting gate/parking position and build that into the plan.

Aivlasoft generates similar maps, presumably based on data derived from the scenery library data as well, and I'm just curious if IF could do something similar.

Thanks for the time.
AaronMyers

Re: Parking position map?

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:16 am

IF uses the scenery files to create the drawings of the maps same as any other addon. if you add airport scenery you can make maps of those once indexed into IF. The yellow triangles show the locations and orientations of the parking spaces. The numbers and airlines have been left out for clarity. When you select a new plane in IF and generate a flight, the half dozen or so nearest fit spaces are chosen depending on cargo, pax, or military (if they are available). Several requests have been made to include the parking spots and taxiways on maps, it would be good to have it all. I think you can zoom into the parking slots with Avlasoft EFB and seek out the numbers that way.
Thanks for the suggestion, it's still on the list:
http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=186
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to General Use & Ideas