Future IF (revisited)

This Forum is for Ideal Flight Users to ask questions about general use. Perhaps you have a suggestion which you think maybe of benefit to Ideal Flight

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Future IF (revisited)

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 am

Not long to go before the next update, sorry about the delays. I'm nearly ready to upload. There will be a few previews available here before I update the version in the Flight1 wrapper and the download page. Previews will be made available in the forum. Those that use the previews, which I recommend to do, when checking for new versions these will only report the current as newest.

In the next versions I incorporate some changes for accessibility throughout the application. Then, mainly the fuel section has been overhauled in the flight generator page, but several other small adjustments and fixes have been made in most sections to keep improving things as usual.

New for the x64 P3D v4 version (64bit) only, I have provided CPU monitoring - with respect to how P3D v4 uses the CPU. Included is a visual gauge that shows the CPU throughput with respect to P3D in real time and other values from the system including an exclusive simulator Quality rating value.

A CPU monitor window calculates system throughput with respect to P3D v4 operation, and shows a graphical representation of the data in real time. The gauge and the CPU monitoring window help to ease setup and adjustment of settings that affect the performance of the simulation. CPU traces have been added to the graphing system. It is not a simple CPU monitor like Task Manager, which does not show how P3D uses the performance of the CPU and does not take Hyperthreaded P3D systems into consideration. Ideal Flight Professional for P3D v4 will include functions that understand the system including a full suite of Affinity and HT settings and logging.

I'll have more information soon and full instructions will be provided.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:07 pm

This discussion was abandoned after diverting development to enhance the accessibility for blind users. However, users have continued to find improvements in all areas of Ideal Flight, which will continue for the foreseeable future.

Since Windows 11 and new CPUs came about I have returned to focus on several areas of Ideal Flight that were left part-incomplete at that time, including the CPU and performance monitoring tools.

The current preview builds focus on these and other items including the "Start Other Apps" section which now has the ability to stop apps that Ideal Flight starts. Please go to the Ideal Flight Report page for information about the latest builds.

Please be aware of these Preview Builds which although classed as Beta versions are fully functional and should be installed over or fresh. If installing fresh be sure to back up profiles from the start menu "Data Recovery" and restore after installing.

There is an error in the selection of default settings in older versions which have been addressed in the current Preview builds. However, those versions do not change those settings unless installed fresh.

Please find the preview builds links on this page:
https://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=886

Thanks for supporting Ideal Flight. If need be, please contact me via the Contact page on the site if not joining the forum. I can also be contacted at AVSIM "@SteveW" via private messages.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:34 pm

30/November/2022

The latest release versions are now available from the download page:
http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/download/default.htm#heading

Developments during 2022 were mainly directed toward Windows 11, P3D v5, and also some improvements, bugfixes, and tidying up which had been delayed by the Accessibility upgrades.

Development continues...
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:55 am

1/November/2023

The latest release versions are now available from the download page:
http://www.codelegend.com/idealflight/download/default.htm#heading