Flight Builds, Re-index messages

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Flight Builds, Re-index messages

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 am

Some airports might not be resolved correctly in IF Pro since some recent changes in the scenery addons.

These changes are currently being included with IF Pro to meet the demands of addon scenery features.

We might try to build a flight and the flight might fail to complete, with perhaps a message to re-index.

That could be an airport with a feature not currently resolved by IFPro.

If we cannot build a flight we can try exchanging with other airports to check.

This what I mean when I might say you have to look to your simulator to find the problem. For example as mentioned try other airports. Uncheck airports in the Add-Ons menu options in P3D close and re-index IF to try the stock airport or whatever airport is below in hierarchy.

Similarly we might find the FSX versions of Ideal Flight can have similar issues with some airports. If I am informed of the problem I can investigate and fix usually very easily.

Thanks for understanding the problems that can emerge from systems that do not stand still for long.

Much thanks also for the support and compliments!
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Re: Flight Builds, Re-index messages

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 am

In the next update the taxi paths missing in the maps for later P3D airports will emerge, and some runway data corrected from the newer compilers where taxipaths have changed. Some of those may show the runway incorrectly, that's fixed as well.

Got the flu this week so developments will stall a little. Nuisance because I was geared up for a big week in with IF this week.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support