Preview 11 Discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Preview 11 Discussion

Postby jessiepp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi there Steve and Company. I am also having the same issue. Of the runway invalid parameters. If you can give me some things to test I can try to test it when I get home and finish a flight that I am currently doing. So far the program is where is working well. Except for that pop-up message.
jessiepp

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Ugh. Grounded for a few days while I wait for LHM to get back to me with a new set of licenses.

In the meantime, you may want to Skype, use Team Viewer, etc with Jessie so you can actually see the puzzling issue. Even after I reactivate P3D again, if it happens after I install FSAD into this new installation, I wouldn't mind doing that so you know I'm being honest.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:50 pm

It is not an error or some kind of bug in Ideal Flight - it is a warning about your data has changed at the airport after applying fsAerodata. I did suspect a problem with running the fsAerodata app on some systems, it cannot cope.

What IF is telling you is that the parking at the airport is changed after applying fsAerodata. The runway width length and surfaces are unchanged, leaving parking space size and surface.

You need to get your sim working so that you do not see any changes after applying fsAerodata. That's what IF does, show what is wrong in the sim.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:55 pm

The data in the fsAerodata monthly is unchanged so I suspect there is a problem in a certain way a sim is configured that messes with the fsAerodata app and the data is altered incorrectly.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Orinks wrote:This is another one of those problems that'll take a bit to find like the Jaws driver, since it took us a while to even come to conclusion that the Jaws driver would be a problem in the first place. The problem isn't even a huge deal-breaker, it's not like it makes IF stop functioning, but it is annoying seeing a runway warning for which the parameters are valid, or to see the popup when browsing through every jet.

Agreed. It is just a popup warning. The runway test is also to ensure the parking is sufficient too. Since the runway is still being read as correct width and length, and that in the least we see Asphalt as the surface, we always get a surface.

So this leaves some incorrectness in the parking maybe. In the Airport maps at the bottom is textual information about the airport including parking.

Can someone compare parking with and without fsAerodata and EGFF?

My problem is that I am unable to recreate the issue on my systems. If I can recreate it I can get IF to make a better message.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:24 pm

I am looking into some more messaging from those checks. They typically check a range of features for speed unless extracting a particular value. Could be that this fsAerodata issue might one of the causes of mysterious problems in the sim? Forums seem to be full of odd problems I never see here. Can someone try an older version of the fsAerodata app, not more than a year old.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Remember with to restart IF when you relocate the profile to a new airport with a move function as there is a problem in that it thinks it is on the Profiles page. Fixed in Preview 12.

With fsAerodata could someone try this:

First go to EGFF as that has a very standard setup in the data structures that covers all the basics. With fsAerodata installed, can you select a plane without the runway warning?

That plane should have parameters and surfaces checked through. Make sure the runway Parameters are typed in as zero. Make sure the surfaces are checked in the Mission page that include Tarmac at the airport.

this was my test at EGFF:

Code: Select all
Airport: EGFF, Cardiff, United Kingdom
fsAerodata applied
AIRAC Integrated
Runways 12/30: Tarmac, Length 7712 ft, Width 150 ft
Set Mooney Runway Length to:
7712ft OK
7713ft popup warning
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 pm

I typed asphalt by mistake so refresh the page to see tarmac as the surface. Basically most planes will already have those checked anyway.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 pm

I put some info about water surface in the tips thread, might be useful in the circumstances:

http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=742&p=7352#p7352
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 pm

I've installed P3D v4.5 totally fresh and also with the recent updates applied v12. No difference at EGFF. If we all stick to Mooney at EGFF we do not need to change a default new profile and all the parameters are set up as we need them. I have tried all the surfaces and they pop up the message correctly when not included in the Mooney parameters. It is not right to prevent the message, we need to know when something has changed from one state to another. The message will only say runway as it does not dig into the details we cross check our runway parameters. I'm looking at adding in more detail when that popup happens, it's not been a priority to expand that before now.
Steve Waite

PreviousNext

Return to Support