Preview 11 Discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Preview 11 Discussion

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 am

I'm primarily testing tour mode with this, and for the most part its okay, but with my A Pilot's Life tour, since it has return flights associated with it, it is effecting performance on flight generation vs. a tour not loaded.

E.G. on my machine, a non-tour flight will be generated faster than a tour flight. This is what was happening toward the end of P10 testing, but got sick and am still recovering so really haven't been able to post in detail. I will, as I'm typing this, attempt to load the APL tour to see if that performance spike happens again.

Yeah, major performance spike that lasts at least 30 seconds, as a guestimate.

Perhaps the way I created the text file has something to do with it? Since it has return flights I put those in...

Here it is below.

[..]
KMSP
KMCO
KMCO
KMSP
KMSP
KPHX
KPHX
KMSP
KMSP
KLAX
KLAX
KMSP
KMSP
MDPC
MDPC
KMSP
Orinks

Re: Preview 11 Discussion

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 am

I'll worry about the times later, figured it's best to fix this one first.
Orinks

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:08 am

Still having a problem with aircraft parameters. Even for Lockheed stock aircraft, which I don't use for the most part, such as their jets, it is still giving me the error about min runway width and length. Putting them both to 0 fixes it temporarily so that I can go through my aircraft without that coming up, but it comes up with every aircraft now unless I change it.

I wonder if it could have something to do with the FSaerodata data changing elevations and such? But I never had this problem with previous FSAerodata Airac releases. I doubt it's that, though. Even if I had recreated the aircraft index I still don't think I should run into problems, but that just sets everything back to default values, which they pretty much are if I don't set the runway length and width to 0.
Orinks

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Okay, I've figured out the runway problem, or at least kind of what is causing it. FSAerodata.

But I have had FSAerodata nav installed for several months and had not had any problems before, and it's not exclusive to P10 or 11.

In short, when I disable FSAerodata, 5000/50 works for runway length and width. They should also work for FSAerodata too as the runway parameters are in that range for it, so I don't know all of a sudden why it is complaining. I think this happened after I recreated the aircraft index but surely that shouldn't be an issue.

For testing purposes I'll ask Sarah, who also has FSAerodata, to recreate her aircraft index to see if this is an issue for her. If it is and she disables FSAerodata and it's fine, then we know something has changed data wise with FSAerodata scenery or something. If this is the case, what to set the parameters to in this case?
Orinks

Postby ke7zum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:03 am

I can confirm with orin that tour mode is broken. I got to my dest, then I clicked new destination and it said "free flight." It should have done the reverse as that's what I have in the file.

kmia skbo
skbo kmia
kmia kbwi
kbwi kmia

For some eason it's not going to the next dest. do I need to code this differently in the text file?

Btw the tours form quickly still, but I"ll have to also play with fs aerrro and test whether I'm also getting that error. I'll test tomorrow as I'm exhausted.
ke7zum

Postby ke7zum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 am

I believe I did this right. I'm working under pain killers right now. I hope I'm understandable. Anyway I could not reproduce the issue, but I have seen the issue, I was on the phone with Jessie when he got the error at about 9 this morning. Here is a link to the vid in my dropbox. I'm also editing at 10 at night when I'm exhausted, but hey, it is what it is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp6u1g1fbv9eg ... t.m4v?dl=1

I hope that helps a bit.
ke7zum

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm

ke7zum wrote:I can confirm with orin that tour mode is broken. I got to my dest, then I clicked new destination and it said "free flight." It should have done the reverse as that's what I have in the file.

kmia skbo
skbo kmia
kmia kbwi
kbwi kmia

For some eason it's not going to the next dest. do I need to code this differently in the text file?

Btw the tours form quickly still, but I"ll have to also play with fs aerrro and test whether I'm also getting that error. I'll test tomorrow as I'm exhausted.

Your list shows kmia as the last destination, and also is the first so that you will end with kmia to kmia, and that is what is called a free flight - back to the same airport.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Orinks wrote:Okay, I've figured out the runway problem, or at least kind of what is causing it. FSAerodata.

But I have had FSAerodata nav installed for several months and had not had any problems before, and it's not exclusive to P10 or 11.

In short, when I disable FSAerodata, 5000/50 works for runway length and width. They should also work for FSAerodata too as the runway parameters are in that range for it, so I don't know all of a sudden why it is complaining. I think this happened after I recreated the aircraft index but surely that shouldn't be an issue.

For testing purposes I'll ask Sarah, who also has FSAerodata, to recreate her aircraft index to see if this is an issue for her. If it is and she disables FSAerodata and it's fine, then we know something has changed data wise with FSAerodata scenery or something. If this is the case, what to set the parameters to in this case?

So you think fsAerodata is somehow changing the runways, lengths and widths? Have a check through the airport information in the briefing. When you use fsAerodata the airport values in the briefing are taken from the fsAerodata. Are the runways looking correct?
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:24 pm

In the example given:
Code: Select all
kmia skbo
skbo kmia
kmia kbwi
kbwi kmia

I opened a text file and placed that into the file and saved. Then loaded the file in Tour Mode and the file was readied to:
Code: Select all
[..]
KMIA
SKBO
SKBO
KMIA
KMIA
KBWI
KBWI
KMIA

So I can see that the first Airport ICAO is KMIA and the last is KMIA so at the end of the tour at KMIA the next destination is KMIA.

I think that a tour comprises a list of airports to visit one after the other. A list of ICAO pairs implies a list of independent routes, which is not strictly a tour.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 pm

To clear a Tour, select a subset, usually complete airport list at the top of the subsets and press the plus button next to the subset dropdown list to install the subset, that clears tour mode.
Steve Waite

Next

Return to Support