preview 10 discussion and tour mode

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: preview 10 discussion and tour mode

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 am

Orinks wrote:when regenerating a flight after making changes in the flight generator (this might happen in other places), the flight may regenerate, but I don't get the "preparing flight, please wait", but rather something about user profiles as though I were on the profile screen.

Thanks, the message had slipped out of order with a typo.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 am

Elsewhere feedback on P10 seems pretty good. I'll patch that and move onto the IF reader.

The Tour mode is a work in progress, sorry for problems there. Adding departure times might be good, I will look at that. The reason to get P10 uploaded so soon was that some had plenty of time for this weekend to test.

Remember to have a go at loading subsequent plans, hopefully that issue is fixed.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:28 am

So to make it clear with Preview 10 tour mode, we have to edit the file in notepad and put one ICAO per line. The checking and ordering of the file is disabled at the moment in my haste to get out the preview for the weekend. Lower case icaos should not matter so long as the ICAO is available through the index.

I will get tours files checking going properly and I have several other things on the agenda:

At the moment IF start time is the time we have on the clock when we enter the simulator. We depart some time during our preparation time but not too late after that.

One request is to calculate the start simulator time back from the departure time desired. The time designates the departure time rather than the simulation start time.

So for example with a ten minute preparation time set, we might desire a departure time of 10 AM, build the flight, then we enter the simulation having 9:50 showing on the clock.

Of course this can't work in real time as the computer can't make us come to the screen ten minutes early! Right? It might seem odd in the way with Ideal Flight we input the time the simulation starts but our departure is ten minutes on from there. We depart during our preparation time, not necessarily after, the time we set in IF Flight Generator page. The reason for this is that it works for systems time. System Time mode we use in Ideal Flight to start the flight when we next turn on the PC or whenever we desire to start the simulator. Simulator Local Time is not specified in the flight file for System Time flights.

We can have a mode whereby the start time of the simulation is Desired departure time minus "Preparation Time". We enter the simulator ten minutes early and can continue as normal and set off during prep time or wait the full prep time. That might be better for some, a simple checkbox could switch modes.
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:14 am

Steve Waite wrote:For missions you can't uncheck everything in the list, instead check 'No Mission' at the top. For sea missions choose a list of vessels, or perhaps only one.

The problem is that no mission is checked but sea missions is also checked along with cargo boat. When selecting flights I don't want sea missions to be created.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:50 am

OK, I will be checking through that list in a bit.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 am

Orinks wrote:
Steve Waite wrote:For missions you can't uncheck everything in the list, instead check 'No Mission' at the top. For sea missions choose a list of vessels, or perhaps only one.

The problem is that no mission is checked but sea missions is also checked along with cargo boat. When selecting flights I don't want sea missions to be created.

The problem I found is that when moving to make a selection with the up down keys inside that checkbox list window, that alters the items checked at the same time which is a bug.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am

You may find the program pops itself back to the surface after you select another app, that's fixed now. In the meantime it should stop if you close a dialog.
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

So I'm finding another problem with aircraft selection. I'm pretty sure the default stock P3D has more than three helicopters available for use.

However, when I browse to the roatercraft category, IF pops up a mesage saying there's no airplanes with propotion or something like that.

Then, only three of the roatercraft show up out of the six in the folder. The battlehawk, Blackhawk, and the CH53E.

No Robinson R22 and any others that may be user available roatercraft.

I've just redone the index and same issue.

Unless the names that IF is picking up are those different from the title tag found in the CFG?
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:46 am

When you choose items in the aircraft category, and you have none of that category, such as unpowered aircraft, gliders for example, the message shows you that you have none, but only shows you once each time you visit the page.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am

There are four user choppers and the rest are AI only.
Steve Waite

PreviousNext

Return to Support