preview 10 discussion and tour mode

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

preview 10 discussion and tour mode

Postby ke7zum » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:40 pm

So I read the tour mode exists. Yeee! But how does it work in formation of the text file. Do we on each line do departure, space arrival?

Also if I'm already at the location and try to move her of corse the ok button is grayed out. I normally move there first, so how is this done? This is a bit confusing.
ke7zum

Re: preview 10 discussion and tour mode

Postby jessiepp » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:43 pm

i agree with ke7zum with the tour mode how does this work.
jessiepp

Postby Orinks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Yes, I'm curious what we can do with the text file other than the airports? Can we perhaps put start times in for IF to set the sim time to for tour flights?

Also, on a side note, when regenerating a flight after making changes in the flight generator (this might happen in other places), the flight may regenerate, but I don't get the "preparing flight, please wait", but rather something about user profiles as though I were on the profile screen.

Other than that though, I like this and will be using the tour mode.
Orinks

Postby ke7zum » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Well, now the tour mode is not working s advertised. It worked yesterday. I had the following in the text file

Kcvg kmco
Kmco kcvg
Kcvg katl
Katl kcvg

Etc. Anyway I went to new detination and it kept chosing the new ones but when I went his mornign and went to go to the tour, it chose something not even in the tour, somewhare in russia. I went to "new destination" in the menu after I went home. I cheked the tet file and got

[...]
Kcvg
Kcbg
Kmco
Kcvg
Katl

Etc. The file was not even the way I wrote it yesterday . So what broke if anything?
Is there an easier way to create the tour perhaps in ideal flight itself? That way I can mofr from location to location in order?

By the way I did not capatalise the ICao codes, my text expanding program did it in this forum but none of my icao codes are in upper case in the text files.
ke7zum

Postby Orinks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:45 am

Okay...

Just made a new profile for a new idea I have. With filters at defaults, I move to KPHL and get no airports, but vestle locating missions.

Why is this?

I'm pretty sure there's airports around KPHL to go to with default filters enabled. I want to change to go NW SW, but I'm trying all quadrents for now until I can figure this out.
Orinks

Postby Orinks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:07 am

Okay, figured out the answer to my issue.

By default sea searches are on in mission page. Unfortunately, unchecking sea searches is proving to be difficult, however no mission is checked as well.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:43 am

Tours:

As you found, you put airports ICAOs in a text file, one or more on a line or one per line whatever you like.

When you load the tour the file is reorganised one ICAO per line, the order of your airports is kept so it's not broke it's just neatly recreated the file with one ICAO per line.

You can have 100 locations, longer tours require more files, break the tour into sections.

Also you will see the first line contains '[..]' at the start of the file this designates the file a Tour and will not be ordered alphabetically if you load it as a subset.

You can choose a location within the tour when you press the tour/subset button next to the subset dropdown.

You don't lock times into the file it is just airports.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 am

You choose Tours in subsets, then press the + button just after the dropdown. Next you choose a text file in the file picker or create one. When you save it you get the file with the tour indicator on the first line, line zero, on line one you will see your current airport ICAO. Use the \ button to go to the folder and edit the file in notepad.

When you have a tour file set in Subsets, you record the end of a flight and the tour counter is moved on to the next ICAO. You can still go to Flight Gen and choose another airport, the next tour airport is only chosen when you make the next flight build from the home page menu.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:18 am

The problem I found with tours at the moment is that you can only put airport ICAOs one per line, until I fixed it for multiple entries per line.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 am

For missions you can't uncheck everything in the list, instead check 'No Mission' at the top. For sea missions choose a list of vessels, or perhaps only one.
Steve Waite

Next

Return to Support