Preview 9 Discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Preview 9 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Orinks wrote:For start programs, I can add a program, but the start program item only lets me add the program. If I want to then edit the program so that I can change the amount of time in either seconds or MS to provide Windows with some time in between events, I'm not sure how to do that.

Remember that you don't add a time to an app, this is quite clear in the instructions. Instead you have a Timer Object placed in the queue before the app you want to start.

Create a Timer Object and give it 15 seconds, move that above the app in the list.

Each item is kept in a starting queue, editing a time in the app itself is not correct since we are trying to ensure things are kept in an appropriate order and that would enable the user to break the rule.

When the next starting period comes up, the queue is emptied then and those apps are started then. In other words those apps need starting off in a later period. Without a timer object each program or file or whatever the documents are in the queue, they are all started with 1 ms between them in the order of the queue.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Orinks wrote:I wish we had a keyboard command to directly save settings, such as changing one setting and then quickly saving the changes rather than tabbing to okay/save.

Alt + S and Alt + O? for situations Save and OK? Perhaps I can merge them as well.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Alt = O on the flight generator page saves changes but Alt + S operates the Search button.

Pages with OK buttons (ALT+O) we might not necessarily leave when we save the changes.
Pages with Save buttons (ALT+S) we would normally leave the page after saving the changes.
Steve Waite

Previous

Return to Support