Preview 9 Discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Preview 9 Discussion

Postby Orinks » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:31 pm

I hope we have Preview 10 by the end of the week. I think with the go to approach and final options you can determine if the range as input in the IF flight parameters is enough. If you go to final and you unpause and the engines shut down then its not enough. That's unfortunately the way I think we have to do it now because OCR is hit and miss with the fuel report currently.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm

The fuel report moves across the screen so becomes a problem for screen readers. Instead go to IF and the last message is read out first. Also popup the menu and read the flight log that has the information of the last message at the bottom of the text in notepad. IF opens whatever your system is set to open text files with.

When you use advances be very careful about what the fuel current use is. If the aircraft is unsteady it may be at that instant using twice as much fuel. So advancing in that state advances you with that level of fuel use.

Use Ideal Flight to determine the issues and problems you might encounter. If the aircraft is using twice the fuel it should in that instant, that could be it.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Go to final and Go to Approach are computed differently to advances. As you mention the fuel used is calculated based on the range parameter. However, again if the aircraft is not steady when you make the fuel reports you will use more fuel or less, and the time of arrival at the final or approach will be not what is expected.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:07 pm

If we fly a route as perfectly as possible and then check out the assessment, the de-brief, that includes the fuel performance for that flight in the way we operated the aircraft, and also accounting for the winds if we have weather active, and the payload and diminishing fuel.

The fuel is calculated against the aspects of the flight split out, so that a longer route stretches the time at cruise, and a higher cruise altitude stretches the time at climb and descent. The rough turning circle of the aircraft based on size and mass is also accounted for during approach and departure, and the distance to the IDF or where the aircraft starts its turn. If the weather changes and the approach is from the other side then there might be a big difference in the approach and overall distances and times and fuel.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am

With the new Tour system we can now, say, have two airports in the tour and we continue to fly between those without having to choose the flight. Also we can by repeating our hub ICAO every destination, we return to the hub, fly to and back, from each airport surrounding the hub. You set up tour files in Notepad, they are stored in an IF subfolder like Subsets. When they have been loaded and inspected by IF they contain a tour designator in the first line of the file. This is a really cute feature that should have been in a long time ago. It was called trails in the original code from a few years back.
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Sounds fantastic. Can these tours be set up on a per-profile basis?

I have a profile where I'm strictly using IF only as both a committed and limited profile to fly general aviation to see where IF takes me.

Perhaps this tour system could include a feature for profiles like that where I can choose a direction, and it will take me to designated airports in that direction. E.G. If I start at KPHL and choose west and stay going west I could potentially make a going west round the world and see how far I get.

Or with the new destination selection once completed, the flights that I complete can be added to a tour file, and it can be marked complete and I can then share it with friends or anybody with IF to fly it.

In any case I hope to have the first itteration of this soon!
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Not long to wait.

Yes, yes, yes. Tours in commencement are saved on a per profile basis. The tour files themselves are stored in one folder shared.

Use the Filters checklist section and set up only NE and SE checked, then every flight you build goes East.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:08 am

In some versions the Filter list windows has some text misaligned in the items. The first descriptive parts of some items like quadrants have text from SID STAR but the second description parts are correct. Those and other minor issues fixed in P10.
Steve Waite

Postby Orinks » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am

Ah, okay. I don't think the P3D version had this problem.
Orinks

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Preview 10 available in New Builds and also available from the Installation page Imminent update discussion.
Steve Waite

PreviousNext

Return to Support