Preview 8 Discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby ke7zum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:49 am

I just did a flight on this profile with 84 percent and was still not able to record it. Here is. The complete flight as well as showing the assessment. I'm using nvda.

Hope this is clear. Forward to the end if you want. No mic sorry. I was watchign a video on another device so I was a bit distracted lol!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6ksju4slseys ... g.mov?dl=1
ke7zum
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:28 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 am

The menu greyed out is very specific in the program. The only time it can be disabled is when the home page item is also disabled. Having seen it greyed out in your vid with the home page available it doesn't make sense at the moment. If the flight is successful you should be able to press the Enter key which activates the record acceptance when available. At the moment I really can't see how the menu item becomes greyed out. Perhaps it's an error of 08 so maybe wait for 09 which is nearly ready.

However, perhaps a thing to try is simply start a flight, move a few feet until pushback is signalled and exit the flight then. This way you get the option to save the new location. Is that enabled and can you save the new location?
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 am

I think its a problem in 08 if you visit a certain page before the flight, so before starting a flight, exit IF then restart IF and go straight from airport to flight.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby ke7zum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Since I don't ever do push back Im' not sure I can do that. but anyway Ill try that again though, maybe I can do a short hop from vegas to henderson. That's a 5 minute flight. Lol! So just to be clear

1. Create the flight plan
2. Save it thhe usual way
3. Go to the home page and exit ideal flight
4 restart ideal flight and go to fly once I'm at the air port/home page

Is that correct?

Update, you are right. I just hit enter, I got the except thing, I hit ok and now my flights are at 19. Interesting why that menu is grayed out at least that option but hitting enter worked? Hmm. Inteesting.
ke7zum
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:28 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Somewhere in the program the top items on the menu get disabled, then they get enabled but for some reason not the accept item. Anyway that's definitely working OK in 09. In a program one little thing can affect the entire operation and can make many things stop working right and it looks like it will never work again. lol.

But it's all in hand. I'm doing a bit more testing on 09 before giving you all a headache.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm

On NVDA:

All the time my system goes a bit odd, keys become unavailable or delayed. So you hit a key and nothing, so hit it again, then two come along at once.

So if you use NVDA and you find that tabbing across controls you skip some, it's most likely that. This is not anything about IF. I am talking about running the PC in general. I think it starts messing around after using explorer or edge, or rather browser services.

So I exit NVDA and restart it and it seems ok for a while.


On Narrator:

Takes over control of the cursor and moves it around playing havoc with copy paste and selecting text - I always turn it off now when coding.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby ke7zum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Steve Waite wrote:Somewhere in the program the top items on the menu get disabled, then they get enabled but for some reason not the accept item. Anyway that's definitely working OK in 09. In a program one little thing can affect the entire operation and can make many things stop working right and it looks like it will never work again. lol.

But it's all in hand. I'm doing a bit more testing on 09 before giving you all a headache.

I'm a sound engineer a-ranger, I totally get it. Edit one line of the song and the rest goes to pot, change one harmony and you suddenly sound like victor crumb. And as for the headache, don't worry about it. I've had one since yesterday's brain tests, so don't worry about it, that will go away in time. Lol!

/All joking aside though, thanks so much for working with us, I know you will get sick of hearing that from us, but it must be said. I even say that in my videos as well, if I remember.

Blessings and happy Tuesday and I will get flying again after work and stuff.
ke7zum
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:28 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Orinks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Steve Waite wrote:On NVDA:

All the time my system goes a bit odd, keys become unavailable or delayed. So you hit a key and nothing, so hit it again, then two come along at once.

So if you use NVDA and you find that tabbing across controls you skip some, it's most likely that. This is not anything about IF. I am talking about running the PC in general. I think it starts messing around after using explorer or edge, or rather browser services.

So I exit NVDA and restart it and it seems ok for a while.


On Narrator:

Takes over control of the cursor and moves it around playing havoc with copy paste and selecting text - I always turn it off now when coding.


Yes, screen readers can follow the mouse cursor, if NVDA mouse tracking on, and I guess narrator does it too. In order to have success with using a screen reader with a PC you need to learn how to use a screen reader the way we do--with no mouse usage at all. The code IDE you use probably isn't accessible unless its visual studio, Eclipse or some other popular one.
Orinks
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Not talking about the mouse pointer, I am talking about the cursor on an editing page. Mouse tracking is off in NVDA and Narrator. Mouse tracking would defeat the object of the development process let alone annoy the hell out of me.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

Re: Preview 8 Discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Orinks wrote:Yes, screen readers can follow the mouse cursor, if NVDA mouse tracking on, and I guess narrator does it too. In order to have success with using a screen reader with a PC you need to learn how to use a screen reader the way we do--with no mouse usage at all. The code IDE you use probably isn't accessible unless its visual studio, Eclipse or some other popular one.


Look, the fact is that I have sat with the screen off and no mouse and completed tasks as you do. But I do not need to do things that way.I'm much faster coding with my eyesight. The problem I was explaining was that whenever I'm forgetting to turn off the readers I have trouble then as they dither around with the system as I try to work.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron