preview 7 discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

preview 7 discussion

Postby jessiepp » Sat May 11, 2019 12:19 pm

so far everything is working in preview 7 from what i can see except for one strange thing. from what i can see when i generate a plan with ideal flight like for example from miami to orlando it tells me that i am going to get there in 24 minutes that i know is not true since it is far away. that has happened with several plans i have seen. it happened in preview 6 as well. if you want to i can figure out a way to send a plan so you can read it for your self the briefing i get. thanks and keep up the good work.
jessiepp

Re: preview 7 discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Sat May 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Yes, it would be good to clear that up. It is an an odd one since I must have made hundreds of flight builds last week so there may be a particular setting needed. Can you think of what setting can cause I?
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby jessiepp » Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 pm

not sure i will build a flight real quick and i will see what it is. where can i post the briefing here or want me to see if i can link it some where. here is the link it is being hosted on my drop box. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cotun3vsclbaj ... t.htm?dl=0
Last edited by jessiepp on Sun May 12, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jessiepp

Postby Orinks » Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 pm

When in the flight generator and other pages, tabbing is a bit flakey. Tabbing will skip past items in a lot of cases and we must shift tab to go back to previous items.
It consistently happens when clicking the search button to search for airports in range. Shift tabbing would be quicker to get to the destinations list but shift tabbing does not work and we must tab.

This also happens on the weather settings and maybe all pages? These are the ones I have checked.

Also with starting programs with IF, despite setting ActiveSky to start before FS and SmartCars to start after FS and I've even set it to "with simulation", both prorams start before FS no matter what.
Orinks

Postby ke7zum » Mon May 13, 2019 5:12 am

I'm going to be honest. I'm very very tired, as i took my sleep aid while doing this review. Whoops/ Anyway, this is rushed.

1. The more settings button under other settings still is not working. I dunno if it is an issue with my computer not.
2. I can't shift tab from the beginning of the flight builder to go to the end to go to to the searched airports list.this seems to happen after I hit search to search for an air port. But at first all seems well.
3. I can't shift tab from the random cargo section as well. I'm using NVDA in my test latest snapshot.
When I back out of the flight planner is when I can shift tab around but when I search is I think when I start having issues.

That's about all I could test. I can't wait to get out of California for this tour. Yuck!

By the way my first briefing was a bit odd and very wrong as you will see in the video. And I should have in theory made it, as I had about 2 hours of fuel for the 40 minute flight. The second time I attempted this something odd happened. I was on my descent and, well, I crashed but I still had about 50 percent of fuel, I had only burned about 15 to 18 percent up until that point. You don't get to see that one though, as I cut the video off.

Link to video for this round of testing. Note if it does not. work try when it's done processing

https://youtu.be/cPpqizgW25Q
ke7zum

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

You have to change pages if you want to change readers or it stays on the reader that was in operation when the page was created!

It is by changing the page when the reader type in operation is sensed.

So...
go to home page
change reader
now go to new page

Start page is available with the last icon shelf menu item, there we can redo indexes and make backups change other settings.

The Other settings More Settings window does not appear on your PC but does on others, don't worry.

Systems may look very similar but in reality are vastly different. These kind of odd issues shows just what must be achieved by the programs on a system that is Open. That is to say is able to run software written by any kind of methods, and problems appear (like Jaws). Ideal Flight is not one of those software types as IF is strict and will back out of issues and cannot create them as I mentioned before.

Since it is still a message splitting the button event from showing the form which has a large selection. I have found a way in that can foil the selection just now, so let's hope preview 08 fixes that button at last.

In the cargo section you have an edit box to put an amount: pounds Kilograms, percent. Otherwise it is greyed out and disabled. Next is the cargo type selection button. That button cycles through the modes. You can express the percent load up to what random you want, 100% random will select a load from one pilot to max load. 50% will select a pilot plus up to half load. Load includes pilot, pilot weight is passenger weight 170lb is the default in FSX/P3D adjust in parameter page.

I found the way for that page to fail with the reader present and will work again when reloading. Good job on that.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 am

So the trick is with reader present if you want to change reader or see if a problem happened on a page, return to the home page first, then change the reader if desired, then go on to the setting page you require that will be reloaded freshly - or should be.

Without readers there's not really any concerns at the moment. But with a reader present there may be a place, like as it is by the cargo selector, that tabbing or shift tabbing the page disrupts itself and would need reloading. This is the main concern, maybe the cargo section is the last place.

I'll auto implement the page changes when readers change later when other stuff is in.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 am

I decided to implement automatic reorganising for readers coming and going because I think that might be a cause of certain problems. Seems to be reliable as the readers broadcast a message when they start and stop so Ideal Flight looks for that and reorganises the page controls for the reader present or not. I was waiting till later as it would simplify a couple of things but not much in it now most of the forms are done.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Seems to be working well responding automatically to the readers and clears up a lot of problems. Normally programs don't do this as their controls remain fixed. For Narrator and NVDA to act in the same way, the controls switch internally slightly to suit each reader.

Generally around the program now I'm linking in various visual functions like changing backgrounds, clicking on text next to the icons, changing time.

The More Settings window not popping up: I'm not sure about that still. If it is not cured we would need to check a new profile or new settings.ini, maybe something left over from the first previews.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Wed May 15, 2019 6:47 am

The briefing you sent I can't work it out without the settings you used to create it.

If it looks too short a time, the speed of the plane might be set too high.

Did you check the debrief or use the fuel report to work out the range. Range is expressed as a distance and a time next to that Range distance box.

If the briefing time looks wrong, go back to the parameters page and check it out. Build a correct looking flight. What the briefing says is what you are asking for in the parameters page.
Steve Waite

Next

Return to Support