Preview 05 discussion

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Preview 05 discussion

Postby Orinks » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

Hi all,

Final exams gotta get done so don't have an hour to spare going through every page, but the critical stuff is now fixed. I can switch and change aircraft without issues, the weather page was fixed, and I think we can move on to more important things E.G. program startup accessibility!

I'm not sure if this is just something that you would've fixed down the road but just haven't with everything going on, but with NVDA, a lot of checkboxes have "chk" spoken before the label. I don't think that's necessary though its not a deal breaker, the accessibility in Preview 5 seems to be the best so far.

Also wow, System Access? Surprised about that for sure. I don't know any BVI Pilots who use that.

Not an accessibility issue, but I wish aircraft devs would state their manufacture before the model name. I can find the Aerosoft CRJ 700 and 900 ER, but can't find the regular 700 and 900 if they even have one. This is because if you have multiples of the same aircraft type by different devs, IF seems to categorize them by livery. Because I can't remember which liveries the Aerosoft CRJ has compared to the Virtualcol liveries, probably because a lot of them are the same, I can't differentiate between the two developers with the same aircraft.
Orinks

Re: Preview 05 discussion

Postby Steve Waite » Thu May 02, 2019 6:57 pm

OK good luck with exams!

The aircraft are one for each aircraft.cfg.

In each aircraft.cfg there are one or more variations, these fill the dropdown list of variations for that plane, only. So planes can have similar variation names but only in different planes from another aircraft.cfg. The variations usually have a texture folder to go with them.

If an aircraft folder has the same name as another already installed, it will not be allowed by the sim.

If you have a clash with download aircraft it is usually easy to fix by renaming the aircraft folder and editing the aircraft.cfg to suit.

I will see what the 'chk' is about - it seems to be the control name itself rather than the caption.
software architect at codelegend.com
i7-3960x 32Gb GTX680 4Tb Intel RAID 10 Win10
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Thu May 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks for the help and notes presented.

Some things I'm looking into:

Jordan mentioned on the flight gen page it doesn't rebuild the flight automatically when it says so.

Sarah mentioned the payload is still a bit confusing or maybe just too verbose.

Joshua mentioned the checkbox component names are spoken out by NVDA as well as the caption.
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 am

Preview 06 fixes the 'chk' in checkbox descriptions, improves the payload descriptions, fixes the missing settings windows, and fixes the problems around the save flight settings and build button.

See New Builds section.
Steve Waite

Return to Support