Close apps

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Re: Close apps

Postby reecemj » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Do you think it’s best to start p3d without any apps waiting? Or do the apps have no effect on how p3d start? I was going to try to make batch files until the delay is improve.

2 apps use the delay but only one will start on time. I follow your instructions.
Reece...Using IF10 Pro
reecemj

Re: Close apps

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:10 am

I'll be checking it all through. The list is performed from top to bottom.

You might start one app, then delay 10 seconds is the next item, then the third item, the second app starts after the delay finishes.

So that one app is sure to be running before another if it need be.

Most apps can by started when we like and they see the sim operating if it is already running, and they wait for the sim to start going if it is not already running.

If apps start first they can occupy cores that the sim might go to use. We can corral addons onto unimportant cores with the affinity mask setting in IF start params (see help startup page).

It can be important to the outcome of performance how addons start and how they occupy cores. We can also use the batch file method described on the site to start apps with an AM if they do not support their own setting.

Apps, like P3D and IFPro support their own AM setting, so do not apply an external affinity to those types of app.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Previous

Return to Support