QW 146 No Passengers

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

QW 146 No Passengers

Postby target71 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Hey, I have a problem similar to the one in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=656

In the Quality Wings 146's I can only get "crew and cargo" no passengers are ever assigned...I could not discern what, if any, the solution was in the above post. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy
target71

Re: QW 146 No Passengers

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi,

Firstly those crew and cargo and other messages like that in the briefing are simply just for fun - to put some such in the briefing adds a little interest - but it's only going by weight, doesn't matter what the load comprises as far as the sim is concerned, only the weight and the distribution matters in the end.

These messages come from the types of load assigned to the slots available as designated in the aircraft.cfg that comes with the model - otherwise with some custom aircraft we must assign the loads ourselves if they don't follow the standard approach to aircraft.cfg parameters. With some aircraft we must accept compromises. Look at loading the planned weight after the flight starts in the Cold and Dark items for custom loaded planes.

Depending on if there is more people than cargo and when not a specifically cargo designated plane in the aircraft.cfg, the comparison of weight between cargo and passengers denotes which message is chosen for fun. Much more cargo than passengers overrides the message into becoming a cargo message.

Have a play around with the types of loads in the loading slots (Flight Parameters - Payload Definitions) for the aircraft and assign load types of more passengers than luggage.

Regards
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby target71 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks, I knew it was a ”flavor” thing, I use the qw dispatcher for the AC load, I just wasn't sure if I could get the briefing to match up... I will play with the payload settings....love the software btw I don't fly without it..
target71

Postby Steve Waite » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get some kind of acceptable result or compromise with the Payload Definitions.

So long as we generate a flight with our intended load it should be OK. If our plane uses an external loader app then we generate the flight with the intended load but uncheck the load items in the Cold and Dark page. We start the flight and run the loader app to set up the cargo and passengers as to the weight in the briefing.

Our "Range" parameter should be adjusted according to our load since we use IF to measure fuel used rather than approximate from look up values. What I do is fly at an intended altiude with a load and maybe small or half load and so on, get a feel of the fuel used. Make adjustments to the Range if we want better accuracy, generally not much in it.

Best regards,
Steve
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby target71 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:12 am

Thanks for explaining the logic of the program... It's not a big thing and all of my other planes are good, the BAe 146 is the only big jet I fly. My dash 8 and twotter both play nice with the briefing but now it'sclearer to me what's going on ”under the hood”

Andy
target71

Postby Steve Waite » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:30 am

When we look at the naming convention for the loading bays or slots, we see any number of descriptive terms. I think IF has over 100 matches for pilot, cargo, passenger, seat, pax…and then there are other languages used as well. Aircraft designers should follow the FSX nomenclature and all use the same descriptive names.

So IF does go some way to ascertaining the types of load but can't be sure what they are intending to be in many cases.

IF facilitates the way the sim works, there's a reason why IF does what it does because that's the way the sim works.

What I like is that IF does not attempt to corridor us into some kind of professional way of doing things, we must apply that by our own measure. Professional pilots flying on their "day off" love IF.

All the best!
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support