Copy records

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Copy records

Postby reecemj » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:02 am

What records need to be copy from v3 to v4 and how. I'll be doing that this weekend.
Reece...Using IF10 Pro
reecemj

Re: Copy records

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:22 am

OK this is how it goes:

Install as you would normally run the installer it will make a new icon.

- if you run P3D as Admin you make this icon run as admin check the box in Properties. By the way I never recommend run as admin and it's not a requirement of P3D and help on issues unnecessarily leading to it can be found in the discussion http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=601 it's the same for v4.

Start the program and it will build the indexes.

- This creates the data matrix to create routes from quickly so it's not just pulling out airport ICAOs and is very high performance. It might take four or five minutes but the data is BIG and the processing of it is very complicated; please wait... :D

- there is a section in the IFPro setup that can be used to ignore scenery locations and speed up the processing; please see help.

Once you arrive at the airport page, home page, just make a route and that will be a good test all is working.

- We can also go to the flight Generator page and run the scenery report html from the globe button top right. Here we can see if scenery has been located and the link shows a section to the airports within.

Happy it's OK we can go to the Profiles page. In the popup menu, submenu, see at the bottom menu item "Import Profile" choose that.

- We need to select an individual profile from IF10. Look for the folder:

"C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10 Professional\Profiles\0_ID"

...that would be the ID=0 profile. Run up the other version of IF10 and see which profiles you want before carrying out this process.

The folder picker closes and the files are transferred; wait for it to complete your records may be big.

The profile is added to the current list of profiles so it will become \1_ID, the profile ID=1.

We can delete profile zero and the imported profile will become ID=0

With the imported profile selected return to the main page with the left arrow round button on the right.

Go to the records page and check the records are complete.

Select an aircraft if required, move to a desired airport and make a route with the big, red right arrow icon!
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby reecemj » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Followed your instruction here and moved the subsets over. Did a flight and its like I never left IF. Thanks Steve it works great. ;)
Reece...Using IF10 Pro
reecemj

Postby Steve Waite » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Great news. I was looking forward to some feedback, got my fingers crossed it all works OK. Thanks! :D
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support