PMDG 777

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

PMDG 777

Postby Steve Waite » Fri May 02, 2014 2:24 pm

PMDG 777

If you've got >augmented you've probably got the 777. IF10 Exports a .rte v3 plan file for the FMC and creates the weather file for the IF10 FWW fictional world weather. The 777 works well in IF10 weather, no need to disable FSX turbulence, also the 777 advance time feature works perfectly with IF10.

NavData

I’ve pointed the AIRAC selector to the PMDG NavData folder:
…soft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\NAVDATA

Chosen to integrate it and re-index, takes a little while, because IF10 creates a new dataset with routing and checks it all through for maximum compatibility within the plans. Also we should set the AIRAC Bias from the popup menu on the front screen with the indexing. The AIRAC Bias selects the Runways and Frequencies from the AIRAC to display in the browser, as opposed to the simulator scenery data.

Export files

We can make the two export objects in the export window:

… soft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\IF10.rte "PMDG .rte v3"
… soft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\WX\ICAOICAO.WX "PMDG .WX v1"

IF10.rte can be named ICAOICAO.rte if you want the output file named VRMMOMDB.rte, I just use IF10 here.

The WX file can only work named as the Departure and Destination ICAOs. In the FMC, once we’ve loaded the plan we can simply get the weather read in with the Request LSK (button).

We select the 777 and variation for use in the Aircraft Page. In the Aircraft Parameters Page we can set the climb and descent rate, and the max cruise altitude the planner should allow (not the maximum attainable altitude). We can set the initial range to 6000Nm. Once we’ve completed a test flight we will have a good recording of the fuel used throughout the flight by referring to the Assessment. The fuel burn can be checked throughout the flight with the in-sim Fuel Report menu item, and referred to in the flight log (see popup menu).

We can copy and paste this at the IF10 Airport/Home Page (without quotes):
“VRMM - LELEM - BIBGO L894 ESMIT L894
GOLEM L894 DONSA L894 BOLUR L894 KITAL L894
GOLNI P570 TAVKO P570 BONOM P570 EMURU P570
TOLDA P570 GIDAN P570 ITURA P570 ALMOG M762
TAPRA M762 VAXAS M762 BUBIN M762 LOVOL - OMDB”
('.' '..' and 'DCT' nomenclature is not required since IF10 knows when routes are direct or not)

Allow the move to VRMM and the flight with plan is built ready for the PMDG Tutorial 1 .pdf found in:
…soft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 777X\Flight Manuals

In the cockpit unpause and allow the initialisation. At the FMC I can press the RTE button and enter “IF10” then press LSK 3R (co route) – followed by Activate – Exec – Legs – RTE DATA – REQUEST - LSK R1. Now we can see the temperatures and wind data at all the waypoints.

I hope that helps get you started. Really IF10 is not that hard, it’s the flying that’s complicated!

([sg] version needed for the weather export and ICAOICAO key word)
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support