Severe issues after installing

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Severe issues after installing

Postby Sombrero » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 am

Hello everyone,

I installed the trial version of Ideal Flight. The program seems excellent, but I wanted to try it before buying. Initial impressions are promising, except for two issues that I've encountered, one of them pretty severe.

First, after installing IF and booting up my first flight, I discovered that many cockpit textures in several of my aircraft are now missing. I'm sure IF caused this because, a few hours prior to the installation, I did a short flight with my Carenado C182T and everything was okay. After installing IF and choosing the same C182T for my first generated flight, the cockpit looked like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26 ... 14936.jpg/

This happened to many of my aircraft, and I've managed to solve the problem by reinstalling them. Not good.

The second problem is related with EZCA. After taking of in an IF generated flight, immediately after getting airborne, the cockpit starts shaking so violently it makes me dizzy. Disabling EZCA stops the shaking, so I guess there's some king of compatibility problem between IF and EZCA. With a normal, non-IF-generated flight, I get the normal shaking and vibration effects from EZCA, which I like very much.

That said, I hope someone can shed some light on these issues. Hopefully I'll get enough help to sort this out, and be confident to buy the program. Because it does look awesome! :)

Cheers!
Sombrero

Re: Severe issues after installing

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am

First there is nothing IF can do to cause your textures missing. I think you may have accu-feel installed. Unlike a lot of addons, IF is entirely seperate code and does not interfere with FSX in any way.
With the old demo version there could be excessive thermals under a thunderstorm affecxting accu-feel. Please install [se] preview2 from the newbuilds section and try again.
Regards
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Sombrero » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

I do have Accu-feel installed. Are you saying accu-feel is responsible for the issues I've been having?

What about the shaking?
Sombrero

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

crossed posts while editing:

With the old demo version there could be excessive thermals under a thunderstorm affecting accu-feel setup. Please install [se] preview2 from the newbuilds section and try again.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:19 pm

...sorry been busy. The texture problem is a strange one. I've not heard of anything causing that except "tweaks" to fsx.cfg but that would not require a reinstall of planes. Accu-feel seems to show the plane about to stall depending on the attitude of the plane, and the Accu-Feel settings. The setting for Accu-feel could need adjustment, getting lift from a thermal should not cause the plane to stall, but I think Accu-feel may think it is stalling. Maybe experiment with accu-feel settings once you got [se2] installed, the excessive thunderstorm thermal was a bug.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Sombrero » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Ok, installing se2 seems to have solved the shaking problem.

Now, regarding the textures, I'll have to look further into it. It is indeed weird.

Thanks! :)
Sombrero

Postby Steve Waite » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Ther'es nothing I can think of that can alter the texture situation. You say cocpit textures, presume external textures OK. Try at least one default plane before making any changes. Try a fresh fsx.cfg, rename yours and fsx will build a new one when you next start it. The IF popup menu has explorer locations to take you straight to the fsx.cfg location.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Sombrero » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Done all that. Some default planes have missing textures, others suddenly have non-moving knobs. Rebuilding fsx.cfg doesn't solve the problem. Only installing the aircraft again takes care of it with the 3rd parties. Don't know how I'm going to fix the default ones.

Steve, I don't know how this is possible. Like I said, I only noticed this after installing IF, so it makes me think that IF is responsible for this, somehow. But at the same time you tell me that IF doesn't touch anything within FSX. This is very puzzling.
Sombrero

Postby molleh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 pm

IF is definitely not responsible for what you're seeing. I can't tell you what IS causing your issues, but usually it's a low resource issue (IF's weather calculations could be bringing your system to the tipping point), drivers issue, or faulty fsx.cfg tweaking.

All IF does is start FSX with a saved .flt (flight) file and then monitor the flight, it does nothing else that could possibly be affecting your textures.

One way to observe this would be to start FSX normally (without IF), start a free flight in one of your "affected" planes, save the flight, then browse to your My Docs\FSX folder and double click the .flt file you just saved. Then tell Windows to load the file using the fsx.exe and see if the textures are still corrupted.
molleh

Return to Support