A few questions: AI, servicing, failures and score

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

A few questions: AI, servicing, failures and score

Postby Fede » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 am

Hi there,
so these are questions I've been wondering for quite some time but never had time to ask.

For the AI generated by IF, do I have to load the flight from IF or can I start FSX to the menu? I usually start FSX manually and launch IF to the menu, so..

Aircraft servicing: I like to service my plane at a particular airport, so my option is unchecked. But when do I service my plane this way? As far as I understand, the servicing resets the failures, etc, right? Or does it do anything else? I couldn't find any info in tha manual.

And third, well, about failures, connected to my previous question. Last flight I had an engine out, and I think it was because of IF, but as I have the option unchecked, I was expecting it to appear in the post flight report, but didn't see it. Maybe it wourld be nice to hace it written

Score: well, flying manual with a Spitfire causes my score to drop below 0 :) and the flight isn't recorded. IS there a way to avoid this from happening? I mean, can I disable the G force, etc from being counted?

Cheers
Fede
Fede

Re: A few questions: AI, servicing, failures and score

Postby Steve Waite » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Yo!

1) You must start the flight with the Fly! button to run IF Ai. You can have already FSX running.

2) The servicing item is the FSX feature "Engine time". It is the FSX Engine time setting that gets set to zero each flight, unless you uncheck "Aircraft is Serviced". The Engine Time is always reset to Zero when you pull up at a fuel parking place, shown on the IF maps.

3) If you have failures set in IF these are usually reported, fire and complete failure are reported for engines. You check "Enable Equipment Failures" for Gear and Flaps, you choose the drop down for probability induced failures - there is increased probability of failure with higher G forces.

4) Uncheck the Evaluation Menu items in the sim, so they have '-' instead of '+' next to them. You can also make up a special monitor file to handle stunt planes and so on, see the Monitor files. Make a copy of a default file and name it the same as the spitfire directory name. Use the Extra300.ini for a base.
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Fede » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks Steve, helpful as always ;) So, if I got it right, to service the airplane and reset the engine time, etc, I just need to start from a fuel spot anytime anywhere, shown in IF map, right?

I'll try that ini file as well, thanks a lot

Fede
Fede

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Yes, it's one of those little known FSX features, but every time you start a new plane FSX creates a directory and puts a few things in it one simply contains a record of the engine times. Addons can use the engine time to determine reliability. IF does not use this for the failures system but may do later.
regards
Steve
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby Steve Waite » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 pm

...Oh yes, and when you visit a fuel stop you get filled up with fuel. Once 'out of range' of the fuel stop you may want to reset your fuel load to that in the briefing with the usual FSX Aircraft menu items.
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support