AI Flight Plan Error on Build

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

AI Flight Plan Error on Build

Postby CorkyNM » Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 am

Hi Steve,
Great program! I have not flown without since I purchased it.

One problem but not a show stopper - Each time I plan a flight and build the plan, I get the following error:
"Error building AI Aircraft List: Ai Destinations"
I use myTrafficX and it is working fine, and I don't have any other traffic addon programs. I have no default planes selected as AI, only the MTX planes are selected.

Also, FSX sometimes starts minimized and cannot be maximized so I have to exit and restart everything. I don't know if it is the airport I am starting at or time of day or what - I have not put my finger on it yet.
Thanks,
CorkyNM
CorkyNM

Re: AI Flight Plan Error on Build

Postby Steve Waite » Sat May 12, 2012 11:24 am

Hi,

It won't be anything to do with MyTraffic, thaty's fine, and all the aircraft come with it are good.

Could be something crept in during the last update, so can you try deleting the file:
C:\ProgramData\Ideal Flight 10\Profiles\AIInclude.dat

Then run IF and go into Flight Gen and set 20 Ai and select just the default planes first, and a few MyTraffic planes. Ignore any other addons for now.

I'm not sure about what is causing the FSX resizing problem, sometimes in DX9 but not DX10 preview I find the 2D panels out. It could be a windows/fsx thing...

Please let me know how you get on...
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Postby CorkyNM » Sun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm

All is good, thanks Steve. I did as you said and it worked with no glitches. I then went back and selected ALL of my AI excluding my rare aircraft since it is unrealistic to see 5 Grumman Gooses sitting there near you (unless I was simming a Goose Owner's convention).
Uh, I think I caused this. I trimmed down my hangar by uninstalling several unused aircraft the other day without regard to what IF10 would do or think about it. I moved the others out for two reasons: 1) I am using a SSD and the space is limited and 2) I have MTX so I don't care for or use the default AI traffic. I only fly about 10 different add-on planes anyway.
So deleting the file and starting over did the trick.
Regarding the minimized issue, it is not an issue after all. I noticed if I switch windows to any other window while FSX is loading via the "Fly!" button it comes up minimized and I can't maximize it. If I keep my nose-pickers off the KB it loads up and all is well. So it's not an issue at all.
One thing I see is that FSX sometimes loads an AI plane ON TOP of another one of my parked aircraft at that airport. I don't think that is IF's fault, it is how FSX decides where to place AI objects. Am I wrong here? Can you suggest a way to stop that beyond not saving where my planes are parked?
Thanks for the help. Again, great proggie and thanks for your dedication to make it better!
CorkyNM

Postby Steve Waite » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your support. Good news then...

The parked aircraft sitting on official parking bays will be superimposed by Ai traffic, it's a limitation of FSX Ai. In IF's Flight Gen page check the 'Hide Parked Aircraft' checkbox, this hides your parked aircraft if they are sitting on the runway or on an official parking bay.

regards
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support