Installed (rp) issues with Go back from crash

This Forum is for Support questions only for Ideal Flight. Please post other questions and suggestions in the General Use & Ideas Forum

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

Installed (rp) issues with Go back from crash

Postby Dags » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 pm

I installed IF abotu 2 weeks ago and love it. Also just upgraded to the rp version and saw the following in the release notes:

New: Go Back from Crash menu item. Default sets you back 90 seconds from crash

Where does this appear? Just to give an example... I had landed at SPIM and was coming to a parking spot, just as I was moving into the final position, the plane crashed (I believe it collided with an invisible ground vehicle).

I was hoping to be able to restart 90 seconds from crash, but there was no option for this. Where would I find it and when would the ability to use this option end? What I mean is that after the crash I went into the IF screen and it showed incomplete flight but only option was to go to the main IF screen and restart the mission from the original departure.

Only other thing is I would highly recommend adding parking spaces and taxiways ID's in the airport diagrams. I am currently using DBS Airport GPS to find the proper routes to/from the gates, but would love to have more comprehensive information included in the diagrams.
Dags

Re: Installed (rp) issues with Go back from crash

Postby Steve Waite » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Dags,

After crashing, wait for the FSX crashed screen and pull down the menu. There should be "Go Back" in the menu. Select that. You can adjust the time in the settings.ini. Remember to wobble the controller before unpausing since the sim has to pick up the positions again. Some addon aircraft don't have power to the panels and can restart with the AP off, things like that, set them before unpausing.

Yes I would like the taxiways in the IF maps too and it is overdue. It's been in the specification since the start, but other things have taken priority.

Thanks for your support
Steve
software architect at codelegend.com
equipment: i9-9980Xe 64GB 2xRTX2080ti NVLink 2TB M.2 NVMe,
i9-9900X 64GB RTX2080ti 2TB M.2 NVMe, i7-3960X 32GB GTX680 4TB RAID10,
NAS @7TB RAID10 (16TB)
Steve Waite

Return to Support