issues with latest preview build

This Forum is for users of Screen Imp to request Support

Moderators: Steve Waite, SysAdmin

issues with latest preview build

Postby ke7zum » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:12 am

Got some issues to report re the new preview build. I have a video that references all but 3 of the notes below. The video can be found at the following link. If it brakes it will work when the processing is complete.

https://youtu.be/OKpxmf6RNwU

1. The add programs at start up screen is not labeled. That is I can't add a program at start up for some odd reason. The buttons and combo boxes are not labeled well enough us9ing MSAA to discern what they are.

2. The buttons that do read let's say in the flight builder are way too verbose. I hear the hint and the button at the same time. This can be confusing.
3. Some of the buttons appear to be disabled when they are not. Are they gray by chance?
4. I can't accessibly unless I'm doing something wrong reorder sections of the briefing section under "other settings." I see the buttons but have no way to reorder said sections.

5. When trying to get to he paste clipboard option in the main pop up menu I cannot get there. Nothing happens when I hit enter on that option. I can however paste right into the home screen or the plan builder if I type in let's say klas lsfo into notepad.

Also, some of us have missing planes. They are in our sim, however IF is not picking them up.

I hope that helps a bit. I will also upload a screen cap of the sceen shot I took of the error when trying to browse through the air planes dialogue . I get the feeling that has somethingn to do with the why we are missing planes.

The screenshot can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rihaegvroqj5t ... r.png?dl=1
ke7zum

Re: issues with latest preview build

Postby ke7zum » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:19 pm

I should note, I've also done two flights and on both of them I run out of fuel when I'm almost there This did not happen in the stable update. Is something broken when creating the flight? I could try putting the thign i manually that sim brief gives me to see if that works the next time I do the flight.
ke7zum

Postby Orinks » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Perhaps the new automatic fuel calculation is semi-inaccurate?

Also, it depends on the range as set in flight parameters. For example, the max fuel for the Aerosoft CRJ is around 21000 LBS. With both the CFG range and the range as listed in my latest ascessment with it, put the max fuel at 19000 LBS or so.

Perhaps you can use fuelplanner.com to do your icaos, get a block fuel value and then put that in as LBS. Whether IF will split it evenly as stated in the loadsheet is the question, though honestly I'm not sure how accurate that site is. It seems to split the fuel okay if you put the block fuel LBS in the manual entry dialogue. But, I'd like to be able to use the automatic option and not worry about it if possible.
Orinks

Postby ke7zum » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:42 pm

The range of the plane I am in is 8555 nm. The range of the trip is 4000 nm. I ran out of fuel in a 747 from klas to lsfo when I did a flight when this thign was releaseed, so somthign broke. Yet I did not run out of fuel when doing a 93 mile flight from kmia to krsw.

By the way the browse for airports dialogue is a mess Many mislab eled fields etc and it's very confusing to get around.
ke7zum

Return to Support